Cash for gold. We’ve all heard about it, we’ve all seen it, and yet most people are ready to yell “Scam! It’s all a scam!” before giving it a try for themselves. Though they can’t really be blamed since some places will rip you off, but obviously, gold is extremely valuable and even your old gold can put a lot more cash in your pocket than you might think. It can be yet another way to grab some quick cash to pay back your buddy, or you know, finally get those groceries instead of living off of ketchup and stale bread.
So, you have a nice heap of old gold jewelry and other gold-assorted items (pirate coins count, too!). Before going off to your local cash for gold store and calling it a day, know how to get the most out of your gold and get even more cash! It’s pretty simple, really.
- First and foremost, make sure you know the karat of gold you have. Some karats are worth more than others obviously, so it is important to know what karat you have to make sure you are paid correctly.
- Clean up that gold and make it shine! Jewelry should look new and presentable, not like it just came out of the sewer.
- Make sure it’s real gold. This is highly important.
- Keep tabs of market trends for gold a few days before selling off your own gold. Gold prices rise and drop faster than gas prices.
- Scrap places will more than likely give you a better price than a pawn shop or other similar places. Southern Resources certainly will (nudge, nudge).
Easy tips to remember for a little bit of cash–not too bad of a trade, right? Have you ever sold gold? What advice would you have for a fellow gold seller?